Wednesday, 11 July 2007

Ole Terje's Top 10 - The 70's & The 80's

Allright , time to let the young guy speak his mind . Here you have it , Ole Terje's top 10 list of The 70's and 80's
Rock & Roll :


Ok it`s my time to go back to the seventees to digg back my favourit albums top 10. Do not expect any disco albums,it`s only rock baby



Leif and me agree on this one. I love Kiss and this is my favorite album." C`mon and love me " and " She " do I need to say more.





This is the best band from the 70s without a doubt. Alone on a desert island I would take this album if I could choose only one. " Sweet Leaf " and " children of the Grave " is magical long live , Ozzy and Iommi...




A truly masterpiece from a great band. I still listen to " smoke on the water " never get tired of that song. This album is a " must have "






This is heavy metal,folk,pure rock & roll and blues at the same time from the magical world of Led Zeppelin. " black Dog " and who hasn`t relaxed to the ballads of all ballads " stairway to Heaven" I love this album...





A metal masterpiece , the best Judas album of the 70s. Not a boring song on this. Check out " Exciter " and " Saints in Hell ". Metal up your ASSSSS.

(Comment : That is probably what Rob was thinking too... )




I have listen to this album many times. A great band with strange lyrics and a weird voice. It`s a mixture of Black Sabbath and rush and metallica has covered a song of the album called " breadfan ".




The gods from down under always make me feel happy. This album is the start of an incredible career. " Live Wire ","The Jack " and " TNT " a great album. Rest in Peace Bon Scott...





Great album , a mixture of metal and Art/prog rock." Look at yourself " and " july morning" are worth the album alone. I saw them live in 2004 it was magical..




Brilliant album with two of my all time favorites songs " Flaming Telepaths" and " Astronomy " , and these two songs are the last ones on the album hmmm truly great.





this is where heavy metal started. A dark album with a funny album cover. The metal album of the 70s...





Ok now move over to the 80s and take out the hairspray and cowboy boots...hmmmmm f..k that this is the Trash Metal years. Here are my list of 10 best albums of the 80s :



I know many people would choose number of the beast and Seventh son of a seventh son , but this is the maiden album I like best. I always go back in my cd collection and put this on. Truly great...





Glenn Danzig the elvis of metal.Great album and great produced by the big Rick Rubin. You may call it Blues Metal. turn up the volume and play " mother "





The best anthrax album ever and top 5 thrash metal album of all time.I love every song on this album and i never get tired of it. This is Anthrax signiature album..





Leif we agree again I love this record. This is power metal at its finest, you can`t get tired of " metal Heart and " Midnight Mover ". Sing along and raise your fist...






Death to false metal... " Blood of my Enemies " , " Hail to england " , " Army of Immortals ". I listen to these songs when I was 15 years old and they are still in my head..





This is my master my favorite album of all time. I`ve heard it 100 times and will hear it 100 times more." Battery " , " orion " , Damage Inc " and so on. Cliff Burton rest in peace.







One more Metallica album but without Cliff Burton. A masterpiece...





And another great Judas album. The boys in leather at the top of their career. One of the best intros of all time..





Now it gets more extreme and this album is awsome. Not the best sepultura album but the best sepultura album of the 80s. The song " inner Self " is extreme metal at its best. You can`t get bored of this one...





Ok a easy choice this is dirty metal whith no hairspray and a truly great metal album. The album Overkill and Bomber are very good to but this album is the best and most known. I love it. Lemmy a bottle of Jack to you...




Ok now you have it my top 10 of the 70s and 80s.

Not bad for such a young man . Next time we will do The 90's together , Ride on !

No comments: