Friday, 22 June 2007

Magic Pie - Circus of Life

Artist : Magic Pie
Record : Circus of Life
Published : Progress Records 2007

70's prog with modern influences , oh yes !

Magic Pie played at sweden rock festival this summer , and I was there :). And man I tell you , these guys can play ! In a fair world Magic Pie will play the big stage next year (I mean ,Meat Loaf ?) Anyway... First part of new album "Circus of life" are divided into 5 different parts . And what a treat this is . From the beginning of "welcome" to the end , "the clown" , one highlight follows the next one . With four different vocalists , each with his own unike style wich fits perfect to the others , and one hell of a lead guitar player , this is almost to good to be true . especially part 4 stands out (wich again are divided into 4 parts , I love it!) But then again , I can not put my finger on any weak points about this album . Progressive rock with everything from mellow slow parts to fast headbanging riffs wich really stick in your head for ages.I have played this album every day since I got it , and I still am . If you still dont understand what Im trying to say : GO GET THE ALBUM NOW !

homepage : http://www.magicpie.net/

10\10

No comments: